Wednesday, October 20, 2010

a few more smiles

What's so funny?
You know those moments, when you find yourself laughing out loud at awkward moments, out of the blue, when others least anticipate it?  Embarrassed, you compose yourself and keep quiet, locking away those funny thoughts to share with no one.  In Belfast, Northern Ireland, on a chilly Fall's day, this man on the street catches my eye and agrees to be a model for my tourist photos...Out of nowhere, he bursts in to laughter and I can't understand why.  I ask and he tells me he can't believe I am freezing my "arse" off in Belfast as I walk my camera snapping happy ass up and down the streets.  This kinda makes me chuckle too, because, well, he's right.  Only unknowing tourists take interest in what locals consider to be the mundane.

Maybe the next time I start to chuckle on my own, I might share it with others after all.  We could all use a few more smiles these days anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment